Saturday 31 March 2018

Cinderella-Blue Lace and Silver Evening Look


This was the outfit I wore for my 18th birthday party (dinner and cocktails). I wanted to look preppy, sophisticated and conservatively 'put-together' - à la Blair Waldorf and Fallon Carrington - while still looking glitzy, glam and modern. 



Bag - Vintage
Dress - Topshop (still available, also in pink)
Fur Coat - Pull & Bear (no longer available)
Shoes - Pull & Bear (no longer available)

I love this new dress from Topshop - the lace trim on the neckline, hemline and sleeves; and the high neckline give a dainty feel to an otherwise figure-hugging mini dress. I stuck to the Cinderella-blue, black and silver colour palette; adding my trusty and beautiful silver metallic ballet pumps with black ribbons to tie around the ankles (a fail-safe flat option for a party look), silver jewellery, a crystal choker and crystal hoop earrings, my silvery-grey short fur coat and a beautiful vintage silver sequined handbag. I think the black ribbons on the shoes and the black accents around the lace on the dress break up the soft colours to create some dimension. 



No comments:

Post a Comment