Monday 19 March 2018

Romantic 80’s Inspired | Pink Satin + TREND Checked Blazer


Much like the famous 'The Devil Wears Prada' scene, as checks and tailoring were selected and designed for the runways; both trends have now begun to filter down into the department stores and high-street. The high-street, especially, has seen a huge influx of checked blazers so the options are endless! I have been wanting a blazer for years now - after being endlessly inspired by Lizzy Hadfield (Shot From The Street) - but was always too picky with minor details to buy one. I found this gorgeous blazer in Zara - brown shades with black and reddish-chestnut running through, structured shoulders, faux double-breasted. I love the 70's/80's feel of the blazer depending on what accessories it is paired with - meaning that it will be the perfect addition to my AW18 wardrobe, to wear with the huge 70's and 80's trends seen on the AW18 catwalks this February. 

I've been wearing this blazer mostly just with jeans, sneakers and a basic t-shirt, to really let the blazer have centre stage. With this outfit, I wanted to look a bit more 'put together' and so contrasted the androgynous blazer and long straight leg jeans with a pink satin-type frilly blouse. I also layered gold necklaces and added a dusky gold bag to emphasise the romantic daytime feel. I also think a headband would look amazing with this outfit - inspired by 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' or 'Nancy Drew'.






No comments:

Post a Comment