Monday 13 November 2017

Cracking The 'Smart Casual' Dress Code




As someone who would hands-down always prefer to wear flats over heels, and go for brunch instead of to a club; conventional 'party' dressing can often prove a problem. Recently I have discovered the pleasures of a slip dress: flattering, easy and comfortable to wear, looks good with both flats and heels, can be dressed down for the daytime. I have also recently invested in this pair of black cotton tailored trousers which act as a perfect bottom to any 'smart-casual' outfit. I also love these loafer sliders (from Primark) and am looking desperately for another, better quality pair to invest in. I love the fun pop of colour the embroidery gives and the exotic print adds detail and glam. I toned the outfit down with a soft cotton t-shirt with this gorgeous ruffled trim around the shoulders and neckline. I think this, again, adds some more detail and dimension to the outfit, elevating it from a standard daytime outfit to one that could just as easily be worn to a chic bar as to a family dinner. I kept jewellery simple with a classic gold bangle and small gold hoop earrings.

As I discussed in this post, I love creating outfit formulae, opposed to trendy one-time looks (however exciting and creative they may be). This look is so easy to recreate and reinvent: eye-catching shoes, tailored neutral trousers, a statement t-shirt, classic simple jewellery. I wore this outfit with Stan Smiths when we were in Rome for a day of shopping and then changed into these shoes in the evening.















No comments:

Post a Comment