Saturday 15 March 2014

Stress Relief Favourites

Greetings,

Today I woke up and decided that there was only two options for my day: pyjamas and a bunny rabbit. I feel like spring is teasing us. There, the sun is out and life is good - until the rain starts, five minutes later. It's making me sad. 

Despite springs indecisive mood swings, my bunny makes me happy again.
The days of late have been jam-packed with reading, watching and venturing and I feel in need of a well-deserved, much-needed break. I've been up to my eyeballs in homework and it is not doing good things for my mind. I happen to have red eyes, cold feet, hair in need of a desperate wash, and a bad breath; and as a culmination of these disturbances: I am now feeling sorry for myself and singing the blues.
As an effort to try and save myself, and my dignity, at the last minute; I've been accompanying my studious sessions with herbal tea and a vegetarian lifestyle. Yes. I am now a vegetarian (as of last weekend). I'm rather proud of myself although I feel as though my endeavours are too small and are not going to have the desired effect. I am plodding onwards, nonetheless, as, regardless of whether I am saving many furry friends in the process, I feel like I am doing something good for the world; which makes me feel good. 

On the subject of man's best friend (ironic), Shannon has written an enlightening, spectacular post on Animal Cruelty. Please read and listen.

I've been watching Homeland, too much. We share a love hate relationship.

I've been watching Mr. Selfridge on ITV. So good, is all I can say.

I've been loving leftovers. Who knew that roast veggies made a delicious spicy tomato and roast veggie pasta sauce? Not I.

I've been soothing my stressed soul with songs:

Toothpaste Kisses by The Maccabees
Happy by Pharrell Williams
The Moon Song by Karen O
XO by Beyoncé
If Everyone Cared by Nickelback

Unrealistic online-shopping has been my best friend. 

I've been very jealous of Louis Adventures from Fun For Louis, and thus, plan to try and incorporate 1+ exciting or worthy activity each day; so as to feel like I am living life to the full. My mind-blowing life has been on hold as a consequence of my work-filled schedule. I will try to make time.

I am resting, recharging, rejuvenating. I am getting back on track with my healthy resolution, I am prioritising myself over my work..

What have you all been loving? How inspiring are your schedules? Let me know! Please, I'm inquisitive.

I love you, I do.

4 comments: