Thursday 19 June 2014

Marinated Spicy Tofu Scramble


One bite into this one and I knew I had hit a jackpot. One bite into the leftovers, and I knew I had to write a blog post.


Firstly, the tofu is roughly cut into blocks and marinated with balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, lemon zest, chilli and salt and pepper in an orange bowl (orange is optional) - because 1) tofu is very spongy and absorbent, and 2) we like to give our tofu a spicy and vinegar-y and bitter citrus-y tang. We leave the tofu in the marinade for as long as possible to bring out the most flavour.

SO, I'm going to let you guys in on the deal: scrambled tofu has all the benefits of tofu, without the lengthy cooking (baking, frying, whatever) process. It is cooked in 10 minutes, tops. Splendid, huh? It wears many hats and it's oh-so delicious and very Thai-inspired - perfect for the beautiful sunny weather we have been graced with lately. Thank you.


Once your tofu is marinated, we give it a wee cooking on the stove (no oil required) until it is fully heated through. Now scramble away to your heart's content.


I added some additional va-va-voom by peeling in 1 sweet pear and 2 radishes. The pear counter balances the acidity of the marinaded tofu and the radish adds an extra crunch to our bite.

You will LOVE this meal, I mean, c'mon. Pinterest makes us feel really pretentious and we like to play up to that. We're going to pretend we're really successful food bloggers (and we're going to feel really good about pretending) and try out one of these snazzy flavourings to mix up this bomb recipe:

Shall we?

- BREAKFAST


SO you know the drill, let me know if you make this. Show me on Instagram, comment. It makes my day... and why wouldn't you want to make my day?

No comments:

Post a Comment