Wednesday 28 October 2015

How To Wear: Black Skinny Jeans

I remember a pair of jeans I once had. I must have been around 8 years old. They were bootcut and a dark denim, but I had worn them so long that they were faded in every area possible and were now at least 2 sizes too small. I was (and continue to be) extremely stubborn, meaning I continued to wear the jeans - to Church, of course - despite my mother's incessant pleading. I think she knows when to give up. I wasn't giving the jeans up. I've had similar experiences with almost all my clothing and thankfully always end up in a much better place, with the photographs to show for it. Sometimes it's not my fault. I remember a whole season that I was dressed in a black pointy-hemmed witch-like skirt, complete with lace. You could probably have found something better in a halloween store. I did end up wearing the skirt for Halloween the same year so every cloud has a silver lining. That's probably why she bought it, tbh - kill two birds with one stone, yanno? (don't kill any birds though, srsly.)




I'm gad we've moved on from bootcut. They may have their turn to make a revival at some point, but for now I'm happy with skinny jeans, culottes are up their somewhere too and flare jeans have also made an appearance on my list of favourites.

So black skinny jeans. I've been loving them since I did this post on MK&A. Also inspired by Marissa Webb.

Did you like that swift transition. I did. I think it was perfectly brilliant and it came wit complimentary self-promotion.

Anyhoo. I'm loving black skinny jeans - specifically ripped. But they can't just be ripped at the knees (that would be far too mainstream), I like them when the rips are varied and are dotted about the leg. And also can we not have any pure black jeans - stoney wash is so much nicer. Really. It's all very specific.


I love how they make you look so edgy and tough even when you had pink wafer biscuits for breakfast and watched The Lion King in your My Little Pony pyjamas. I also love the darker shade to the classic blue - practically the epitome of winter. best worn with corresponding winter attire when walking through orange fields/snowy streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment