Sunday 17 July 2016

Things I Learnt From Dolce & Gabbana's Alta Moda Spring 2016 Collection

Remind me again: why wouldn't I want to permanently dress like a gorgeous maximalist Italian billionaire's widow?


Left: I need to invest in a tulle tutu, for realZ. And I think gold jewellery might just be my new favourite thing. You can never have too many gold embellishments. Ever.

Right: Greenery in hair - OK! = less on my plate :) Also I am feeling all kinds of good things about that black-cape-shawl-tassel-semi-sheer-thing. 


Left: Can I man-make a faux fur that is breathable enough to wear all year round? Can it also double up as pyjamas? 

Right: I feel completion, satisfaction and relief that someone (namely Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce) decided it was about time street style included precisely-placed encrusted gold crowns à la 1400. My heart just flew somewhere really high.



VEILS!!!

Left: Again with the rich widow. Again with the yes please.

Right: The route to immense joy is by way of glitter, gold and fur (faux) - circa 1940-50. If life gives you your great-grandmother's wardrobe; fear not, because you're going to have so much material to work with. Seriously. 


No comments:

Post a Comment