Saturday 30 January 2016

Forget Procrastination. This Was My Weekend.


How can I have a good weekend? Is it strange that I am suddenly very inspired to do something entrepreneurial just because I watched The Chef? I'm going to say no, it's very normal. I am also incredibly excited for the summer. I'M GOING TO MIAMI GUYS. The dealio is we are going to Florida for 2 weeks and Palm Beach for 1 week but of course I am not leaving without setting foot in the next best thing after Cuba. Mom, Dad - 2019 = Cuba? I feel like I've been waiting for this weekend all week. I feel so ready to have a good break and rest, you know?




So. A few things about this weekend so far. It's Saturday 21:05. 

1) I have learnt my lesson and will now avoid, at all costs, never to go out again on an empty stomach. I recently thought it would be a good idea to take an extra apple and pear for my dinner. This was on the same day that I decided baked beans and tofu would make a good combination if eaten cold. I ate the apple and pear for lunch. But then, I had nothing for dinner. So, in a necessary fashion, I came home at 9pm and ate a pot of hummus with crackers and two crunchy peanut butter sandwiches on white bread. I have a love/hate relationship with peanut butter. It is a great substitute for when you have run out of creative methods to drink pure oil and works as a fabulous glue for sticking lettuce/cucumber/any thin sliver of anything to bread. It's also very very delicious. So, I had a good time but I can't speak for my trousers. I feel like Regina George when she ate too many Kalteen bars and I'm wearing sweatpants accordingly.

2) Hey Mom. How is it going in South Africa? That can go on the list of ways to have a great holiday.

3) I discovered the best pairing on a sandwich. Hummus + Veggie sausages + Ketchup. Try it and believe it. With the downfall in the popularity of green juices and cleansing, basic healthy eating must be on the rise and so I was practically just eating a health food sandwich. It was practically just cleanse foods. No shame.

4) The plan is to finish all work today so that tomorrow I can gorge myself in fresh oranges, take an afternoon nap, eat many bowls of spaghetti bolognese and get numb legs from sitting too long on the sofa.

So. Procrastination was last week's shebang. This week we have moved on to maturer and more proactive lands.


No comments:

Post a Comment