Saturday 15 February 2014

Amazing Things to See and Do

Salut!

Yesterday, while reading a Vauxhall magazine/brochure that I would never normally have picked up and only read out of pure boredom after grabbing anything within arms reach; I was fascinated by a snippet of an article.

Everyone loves a bit of comfy. The favourite chair, those old trainers you should really throw out but can't, that jumper with holes at the elbows that nobody except a surprise visitor gets to see you wearing. Comfy is good - it makes a house a home, an acquaintance a friend...

Comfy is good. I love comfy things. Sleeping in my own bed with my own pillows immersed in my own scent; or just sleeping in general. Waking up or opening the door to the whiff of a warm home-cooked meal of spaghetti bolognese or sausages and gravy; and those slippers that have the holes in the toes - quite defeating their purpose of keeping ones tootsies warm - that have been through who-knows-how-many generations, from grandmother to mother to me, but are still worn at daily intervals: because they are comfy!

And yet; when I think about how big the world is and when I nose my way into other peoples exciting social lives and see the many miscellaneous adventures they are currently on or planning next; it does so make me think about the various escapades and expeditions I might be missing out on. 

I do, indeed, have my own little giggles and thrills at non-exciting things like seeing the fully grown men order a Happy Meal and watching the teenage girls on the stroll home pretending to be on their phones but actually staring inspirationally into the blank screens. Am I not the only one who finds it utterly and uncontrollably hilarious to dry ones hands under the super-strong hand dryers and see the little wobbles of skin moving and bopping around under the gusts of the air? Please say that I am not alone on this quirk. 

And I do experience and try out new fads and preoccupations. Today I am planning to paint my nails in a new style,  (appreciations to the splendid Pinterest), on  Tuesday I am going to eat sushi and most likely try an new flavour or taste, I watch new films and see new places. I can’t however say that I am currently a daring or out-going swashbuckler camping in a new continent every other week. 

Although I cannot say that my little life is 'uninteresting'; I have been compiling a somewhat endless list of places I want to see and things I want to do for who-knows-how-long now. A handful leaning more toward the wittier shenanigans of life and others being in the more historical, musical, travel-y (new word?), naturally, side of things. 

 Stay in the Ice Hotel in Lapland, Sweden.
Scuba Dive at the Great Barrier Reef.
Hire two private investigators and get them to follow each other.
Climb the 171 steps at the Statue of Liberty in New York.
Hang from Toronto CN Tower.

Have you actually seen this, though? I cannot even contemplate how incredible it would feel! - Thank you Google Images, I appreciate you letting me enjoy this photo. 
Publish a story.
Hang a lock on the Pont de l’Archevêché, Paris.
See the Garden of Versailles.
Visit Strasbourg, France.
Visit Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park.
Party on a yacht.
Volunteer at Lourdes.
Plant a tree.
See the wall of love letters in Verona, Italy.
See all the 7 wonders of the world.
Send a message in a bottle.
Catch something, cook it and eat it immediately.
Experience no gravity.
Ride in a private jet.
Throw Tomatoes at La Tomatina in Valencia, Spain.
Go Bungee Jumping off Royal Gorge Bridge in Canon, Colorado.
See Milan Cathedral in Milan, Italy.
Teach children in a third-world, non-English-speaking country.
See Jason de Caires Taylor’s underwater sculpture garden in Cancun.

Eccentric and a tad creepy, but very, very talented. Thanks again Google Images!
Visit Bora Bora.
Visit Habana, Cuba.
Make pasta from scratch.
See the Northern Lights in Alaska.
Receive my Hogwarts acceptance letter (how long will I have to wait?!).
- Learn to speak German, French, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin (fluently, or as good as).
Float on the Dead Sea.
Sleep outside under the stars.
Create my family tree.
Visit Italy.
See the heads on Easter Island.
See Mitchell Falls, Kimberley, Australia.
See a volcano (but do not die).
Visit Cinque Terre, Italy.
Swim in the largest swimming pool in the world, Algarrobo, Chile.
See a hole in the Napa County, California (looks seriously amazing!).
Visit Ebeneezer Place, Scotland.
Swim with elephants.
Lose weight and reach goal.
Have my portrait painted.
Attend an event at the Olympics.
Learn to play the saxophone properly.
Visit the Holy Land.
Visit Vegas.
Stay at the Atlantis Hotel in the Bahamas.
Go on a Safari in the wild.
Visit New York.
Ride on a camel.
Experience Mardi Gras.
Visit the ancient city of Petra in Jordan.
Eat in the underwater restaurant in the Maldives.

I am not yet mentally prepared to accept something at this level of awesomeness.
Image taken from Google Images, original source unknown.


Visit Vermont, New England, USA between the last two weeks of September and the first two weeks of October (apparently beautiful).
See the whitewashed houses in Greece.
Swim in Iceland’s Blue Lagoon.
I doubt I will ever complete list as I will probably be adding something new to it sometime in the near future (a girl can dream though).

What do you think? Have you done any of these marvellous delightful things? Did they add glee to your adventurous inner self? Tell me! I do so love to snoop into your fabulous lives!

See you later, alligator;
In a while, crocodile,

Cheerio!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment