Wednesday 19 February 2014

Staying Creative!

Howdy fella's,

I like therapy. 

I like therapy that involves glue, paint, tissue paper and beads. That's my kind of therapy. Some chalk and string will also eventually come into the therapy session at some point. Of course.

There's just something so satisfying about peeling dried glue off your finger tips; or rolling up endless scraps of coloured paper into paper beads. It really calms me. I'm not sure if it is the bright colours, the textures, the thought of not having to do anything else because I have the excuse of doing 'art homework', or the idea of re-using rubbish and creating something beautiful. There is something so promising about starting out with a table cluttered with fabrics and materials and a blank page in front of you; not knowing what you are going to end up with - just swaying with the rhythm and most likely changing your final vision a thousand times; and then still ending up with something you didn't expect. (Whether for the better or the worse).


Peace and tranquility with little bursts of creativity, a whole lot of falling glitter, sticky hands, a coloured carpet, a whizzing imagination, a fun memory and an amazing (however abstract) final piece. That's what art brings me.

Merci Pinterest, for allowing me to borrow these beautiful messages xxx

 Stay creative,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment