Tuesday 2 September 2014

Galloping in Tenerife with a camera and Birkenstock


The big part of my month was filled with my lounging-self in Tenerife, and so when it came to writing another blog post - apart from swimming pools, lilos and peach flavoured sorbets, my mind was blank and filled with post-holiday writer's block. Other people (but who defines normal), come home from a holiday, unpack and sleep. I unpacked and immediately started writing this, then had to stop because I was terribly uninspired and now have just entirely given up and I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves; because they will probably do a better job than I ever will. 

Tenerife was beautiful and the absolute perfect weather and very much needed. I also Instagramed a lot so you really missed out, or you didn't, if you saw them, then you're a great guy, or gal (robots are also very welcome and aliens are never discrimintated against). 

I am very thankful for the rest. 

PS. The photos don't follow on from the writing but that's the way it's going to be.


We spent excessive days at the local markets, either too hot and really sweaty (don't even bother imagining), or parting with far too many euros - but it feels very necessary. 


We swam and swam and swam, ate, and swam. 


We sat on black sand beaches with volcanic rock and almost died - probably just being melodramatic - in the wind and high waves. 


We went to a ridiculously, insanely, unbelievably cool waterpark. 


We saw the third highest volcano in the world, climbed to the top and then I felt really smug and proud and now I get to boast about it. Pretty impressive, huh? 


We gallivanted and galloped (start imagining) around pretending we could afford the Cartier's and Rolex's and then we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe Tenerife, flirted with bruschetta and drank cocktails which made us feel part of the gang. 


Until whenever,

Dani x

No comments:

Post a Comment